Aviation leaders will explore the theme: 'Whats next for aviation? The future starts now'
The programme for the 2019 Airports Council International (ACI) Asia-Pacific/World Annual General Assembly, Conference & Exhibition – one of the most anticipated events on the aviation calendar – has been launched.
The two-day conference – to be held from 2–4 April 2019 in Hong Kong – will bring together more than 600 aviation leaders from around the world to explore the theme: “What’s next for aviation? The future starts now.”
“With demand for air services set to double by 2034, we are at a crucial point for the global aviation industry,” said Angela Gittens, Director General, ACI World. “The world’s airports are complex, competitive businesses and they recognize that action must be taken to prepare to meet this demand – the future starts now.
“The Asia Pacific/ACI World annual conference provides an invaluable opportunity to share new and best practices which can benefit the entire industry.
ACI Asia-Pacific Regional Director Patti Chau said it was fitting that the conference is hosted in the Asia Pacific region by Hong Kong International Airport, as it is home to one of the most important and ambitious runway projects.
“The Asia-Pacific region has some of the world’s most dynamic cities and fastest growing economies and ACI forecasts that it is predominantly these economies that will be the engines of the growth in future passenger demand,” said Patti Chau. “With contributions from aviation stakeholders from all regions, our annual conference promises to define how airports are anticipating, adapting to and creating change so that they can continue to be economic and social engines, connecting people, cultures and commerce.”
In addition to the two important general assemblies – for Asia-Pacific members and for the wider ACI membership – the conference will seek solutions around emerging economic, technological, and other industry developments that will affect airports. Dr. Fang Liu, Secretary General, International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), is confirmed as the keynote speaker. Topics, delivered in a range of dynamic formats, will include:
- Leaders’ forum exploring the key issue of capacity
- A new era in aircraft operations, from urban air mobility and drones to the potential for supersonic aircraft re-commencing operations
- The airport customer experience revolution and how it has become a crucial business tool
- The NEXTT – or New Experience Travel Technologies – programme and how it is shaping the future travel experience, and
- Innovation in security which will explore how airports can leverage robust and agile screening solutions.
A number of top international speakers have been announced including senior representatives from:
- Airport Authority Hong Kong
- Aeropuertos Argentina 2000
- AENA Aeropuertos S.A.
- Airports Company South Africa
- Athens International Airport S.A
- Cathay Pacific
- Changi Airport Group (S) Pte Ltd
- Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky International Airport
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Fraport AG Frankfrut Airport Service Worldwide
- Heathrow Airport Limited
- Jacksonville Aviation Authority
- Kansai Airports
- Los Angeles World Airports
- Oman Airports Management Company
The formal conference is preceded by a series of workshops where more depth can be provided on key topics of environment, human resources, forecasting, cargo and slots. The event is also an ideal platform to feature business partners and industry stakeholders through sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.